Thank you so much for the brilliant work that you do to enlighten those with eyes to see and minds to think about the increasing radiation levels around the world.
One Facebooker Asks: ‘….where is the 1,306″ for Fort Wayne…?!!’
ADD THE MEASURED BETA AND THE GAMMA, GUYS AND GALS, ADD ‘EM UP. SIMPLE MATH, right, Bob? They gotta add them up!
Amateur Scientists, Physicists and Industry Provocateurs seem somewhat Provoked, Puzzled, Baffled and Bewildered by the “Three cities exceeded 1,000 CPM this week in Your Rad Weather?”
See the current issue of “Your Radiation This Week” here!
ASK YOUR QUESTIONS ON THE BOB NICHOLS VT SITE for current article at this link: http://www.veteranstoday.com/author/bobnichols/ or, as all the articles ALL indicate, “You are encouraged to write Nichols at firstname.lastname@example.org ” Thanks. PS Divide the labor; Comments left on Lucy Occupy Says blog…. may or may not be read….GO DIRECT. Lucy has her hands full with things to do, blogs to post, and Rads to Dodge. Thanks. #WATMN
Some people in some of the myriad of FB groups on Fukushima, Nuclear, Radiation and others, are puzzled about the math and physics in “Your Radiation This Week!” I’m not sure many read the Notes and Sources and Comments, for additional information. ‘Half measures avail us nothing…..We stood at the turning point….’
Your early Fukushima articles scared the heck out of plenty of people on Facebook, and now some of those same wanna-be physicists and scientists are ‘puzzled baffled and perplexed’ by the exceptionally bad news you are now reporting.
Some of my favorites are still:
The Facebookers seem to be aspiring scientists or physicists. One asked, “Here is the Beta and Gamma graph for Fort Wayne IN 90 miles max from me, I check it almost every day.. for this week where is the 1306?” Indeed, where is the 1306 for Fort Wayne. Another opined that “Heck didn’t even get to 800…..hmmmmm” [Shockingly oblivious, apparently, to the fact that “Normal background is 5-20 CPM.” ?]
Others said, ‘..While a look at the Nuclear Emergency Tracking Center
(NETC) for Ft. Wayne, Indiana doesn’t show the whopping 1,306 CPM as seen in the chart above, we still see the high coming in at the mind-boggling CPM of 777 in BETA particles as seen in the 1st screenshot below. Again, please keep in mind that between 5 to 20 CPM is the normal background radiation levels and anything above 50 is considered an ‘alert’.
ADD THE BETA AND GAMMA, GUYS AND GALS, ADD ‘EM UP. SIMPLE MATH.
Thank you for your response to one of the questions the Facebooker was apparently too ‘shy’ to ask publicly on your site:
“You add the 777 CPM and the 529 CPM together to get the 1,306 CPM.”
“Champaign, IL reports only Gamma, it was 1,001 CPM all by itself.”
“They both effect us so should be added together. they still do not report
Alpha, Neutron and X-Ray radiation. I wonder what the Real Total Rad is?”
Most would seem to prefer to believe the ‘industry mouth-pieces’ that continue to chant, “There is No Immediate Danger.”
As the NRC changes the VENTING ‘deck chairs rules’ on the TITANIC, many complain about mysterious illnesses and wonder out loud if they should stop eating chicken from the sea and other sea foods.
Many still have no clue that the Fukushima nuclear meltdowns have been in progress since 3.11.11, with no efforts to contain, with the internet being sanitized, and efforts made to encourage even the American people to pause in wonder about the propaganda line, “SMILING PEOPLE DON’T GET RADIATION POISONING.”
Some are re-chanting ‘it’s time to move from the Northern Hemisphere”
Other questions popping up in feeds and messages and Tweets include:
- FACEBOOK COMMENT: “I’m wondering if you could help me understand this? Gamma, Las Vegas, 5-6,000 CPM, Gamma only. I apologize if it’s a stupid question, trying to figure it out. Perhaps I need to better understand the energy ranges. But wth is this. ? Am I about to freak over nothing? Thanks! ”
- Lucy Occupy: The EPA charts confuse many people, perhaps it’s intentional obfuscation of facts? Perhaps a course in Physics would help to “better understand the energy ranges” as well as the various readings. The consequences are not too hard to grasp anymore.
- Or, to simplify things, read the reports provided by Bob Nichols, he always “Starts With The Science” and take whatever precautions you can. It’s late, very late.
- Those who choose to believe the ‘mouth pieces’ of the industry who continue to chant “There is no immediate danger” and promote propaganda that supports such delusions, have already made their choices, haven’t they?
- Facebook Comment: ‘Nichols is wrong. Rads don’t last forever. They are gone in 30 years!’
- Lucy Occupy: Re-read the YRTW articles, including notes and sources. Check your sources. Draw your own conclusions. Whatever, huh?
- Blog Comment: “What do you TRULY believe our hope is?”
- Lucy Occupy: That question often comes up and I believe it was answered expertly and somewhat gently, under the circumstances, in the widely read article with reader Questions and Answers:
“…Question. Anything you recommend to lengthen ‘shortened-life spans’??”
“Question. Any resources you would direct interested people to?”
“Question. What other questions must be asked when confronted with an Extinction Level Event, and why have any hope whatsoever?”
“Answer. Ask what is the published lethality of the all of the released isotopes and do not let the Empire paid trolls fool you by using radioactivity numbers; it is the LETHALITY that counts. When you find the numbers for the two Cesium Twins multiply by 14 for the Total radiation in a single release from an active reactor core. Multiply the combined Cesium 137/134 radioactivity numbers by 5 for the Total radioactivity in a single release for old fuel rods. Those will give you a rough idea of the radiation released for that instance.”
- “As for “hope,” that is fine, knock yourself out.”
Previous editions of YRTW
Up to five previous editions of YRTW are listed at the end of each column. Each YRTW and all my previous VeteransToday columns are at http://www.veteranstoday.com/author/bobnichols/
Copyright by Bob Nichols @ 2015. Reproduce and distribute, give full attribution to Bob Nichols and Veterans Today
Notes and Sources
1. The Radiation charts and graphs of the EPA at http://www2.epa.gov/radnet Don’t skip the “2” in www2.
2. The EPA based reporting of www.NETC.com an LLC.
3. * This station’s Radiation equals combined Beta and Gamma Radiation. Note: Not all locations have reporting Beta Radiation Monitors. Gamma Radiation Monitors are reporting publicly at all these locations.
4. “…If you pollute when you DO KNOW there is NO safe dose with respect to causing extra cases of deadly cancers or heritable effects, you are committing premeditated random murder.” – John W. Gofman, Ph.D., M.D. (1918-2007), associate director, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory 1963-1969) — Comments on a Petition for Rulemaking to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, May 21, 1994.
5. CPM. “Although we can’t see it, taste it, smell it or hear it we can measure radiation and observe its effects. One way to measure radiation which the United States Environmental Protection Agency [EPA] has chosen to use on its radiation websites is in Counts Per Minute. Each Count is One Radioactive Decay.” Quote from the ‘Your Radiation, This Week.’” Apr 3, 2015.
All are encouraged to write to you directly as your website invites …. at email@example.com and I think everybody knows they can submit questions to you directly.
Some, however, would prefer to simply attempt to batter, distract, annoy and demand that some of us simply stop sharing your articles in the FB Nuke Ghettos! IMAGINE THAT!
As a “Fan”…. I share your articles here and there on a quasi regular basis, as do many many others on Facebook and Twitter (LinkedIn seems pretty too-busy with the “Profits Before Lives” crowds and doings, and have little interest in extinction level events. Whatever. )
Everybody on the right side away from the Pro-Nukers is graciously sharing your extensive work with all due respect to copyright rules and links back to your Veteran’s Today of the current article, and to the entire series.
Thank you so very much for all you do, for so many of us!
For your info, here’s one thread on a FB page called ASK ABOUT YOUR RADIATION THIS WEEK, set up for your articles! Some of us wish you were here in the Facebook Nuclear Ghettos with us! The demographics have changed dramatically about Fukushima and all matters nuclear over the course, and, of course, #AnonymousPrecedesUnanimous
Most people don’t even realize how the internet is being regularly sanitized in order to remove legitimate Fukushima info…. Do you remember that in 2012, there were more than 62 million results for a FUKUSHIMA GOOGLE SEARCH? It’s gone as low as mid-teen millions, and seems set now in the low to mid 30 millions. Light tracking on this FB page, Fukushima and Googles Search Results.,
Thanks again, Bob Nichols! ‘Have a wonderful radioactive week and remember to Dodge the Rads, it’s dangerous out there!’ Remember remember, WE ARE THE MEDIA NOW!
Lucy Occupy & Friends
PS: ASK BOB NICHOLS – “I wonder what the Real Total Rad is?”
REMEMBER THE WORDS OF BOB NICHOLS:
“Hi. Bob Nichols here, drop by my VT blog anytime, I don’t do Fb or other Social Media. Thanks, Bob Nichols”
ASK YOUR QUESTIONS ON THE BOB NICHOLS VT SITE for current article at this link:
THINK LOCALLY * ACT GLOBALLY #OccupyVirtually –> WE ARE